Please find the information below regarding resort repairs and owner news.
Palm Beach is still closed as a construction site and still has a red tag for unsafe conditions by the City of Orange Beach. We are working together with the contractors getting through the process and making Palm Beach as beautiful as ever before.
Please remember that during this process and until further notice; scheduling visits, vendor deliveries etc. need to be discussed and approved with the Resort Staff for everyone’s safety and security.
The following bullet points are the property's hot topics this week:
- The fire system still is not online pending trouble shooting that is ongoing and parts. We expect to see Johnson Controls onsite again on October 27 with parts that have already been ordered and to continue troubleshooting.
- SERVPRO is working seven days a week to complete the mitigation efforts.
- JS Held has been back out to give a few scope changes after some items noticed by SERVPRO were noted and needed further detail on demo scope this week. There were few additions noted in today’s inspections. Most minimal but will need to be done to finalize the demo phase.
- The adjuster, rebuild contractors etc. will return after the pending demo completion to start working on agreeing to the internal build back scope etc.
- JS Held and Blankenship Air have assessed the damaged A/C units one more time to ensure they had all details, such as closet size etc., and measured where needed. The parts are being ordered and once received a crane will place the equipment on the roof and remove the dismantled damaged units.
- We have some issues with real estate agents coming unannounced and not following the visit protocols. If you have someone really interested in seeing and potentially buying your unit during this time, we will work with you to not impede that process as best we can. This will require strict adherence to the visit protocol for safety and security. The owner will need to email us allowing such a visit to occur. Remember A Building is still off limits to everyone except contractors.
- The A building still is very hazardous. Missing walls in the walkway areas, stairwell walls on SE corner pushed out etc. The large window on the elevator lobby on four blew completely out. Engineers will be out to design the repair scope with C-Sharpe next week so we can schedule the repairs.
- As of this week, it appears at a minimum on the roof, the A, B and C roof membranes will be replaced due to damage from Sally. There will also be metal roof repairs made on all buildings. The roof access door on the A side roof was ripped from the frame which will also be replaced. On C/D roof transition, the trash chute vent cap was blown off and is being fabricated and will be replaced once received.
- Reviewing damage to the parking lot light poles, there were a few poles that fell and will need to be replaced. Others have some electrical issues. Green Electric is reviewing the needs and code requirements since the recent sea turtle restrictions were created to see what type of replacements will be allowed. We will be submitting these findings for review with JS Held and begin ordering the necessary items.
- The build back contractor will be working with each owner throughout the process in their units once we begin. We are tracking owners who requested to be on the upgrades list with a spreadsheet. If you want to be on the list, please use the inquiry link on the Owners Corner requesting to be added and what you might want to change.
Palm Beach Resort Management & Staff
Waiver: to be completed when visiting the property.
Fire Inspection Report: Conducted for Palm Beach Life Safety Damage follow up (September 28)
September 24 - 29
October 2 - 4
HVAC Update (October 2)
Hurricane Sally Update #1 (September 14)
Hurricane Sally Update #2 (September 15)
Hurricane Sally Update #3 (September 17)
Hurricane Sally Update #4 (September 18)
Hurricane Sally Update #5 (September 19)
Hurricane Sally Update #6 (September 21)
Hurricane Sally Update #7 (September 21)
Hurricane Sally Update #8 (September 24)
Hurricane Sally Update - #9 (September 30)
Hurricane Sally Update #10 (October 2)
Hurricane Sally Update #11 (October 11)
Hurricane Sally Update #12 (October 16)
Hurricane Sally Update #13 (October 23)
Progress Report (October 22)
As we all move forward together there will be questions to ask and things to work through, but with patience and understanding and by working together, we will get through this. if you have specific questions or would like to visit your unit while we are under construction, fill out this request form and a member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible. We recognize the disruption for everyone and are working hard for you and the Association.